Wednesday, July 1, 2009
The End of a Chapter in Our Life.
I put this on Facebook but forgot to write about it on our family blog. On Sunday I was released as the Bishop of our ward. Bec and I have known for two weeks and I am so glad for that. I needed that time to decompress and prepare for the change. I was very excited for our new Bishop, Bishop Earl Keith. He is great and will be awesome! It has been kind of weird, in a good way, so far. Last night was my first Tuesday in awhile that I didn't do interviews. I still feel like I am missing something or someone every once in a while. It was such a blessing to be able to serve as the bishop! I love our ward and am so grateful for all the support and love they have given me as I served them. I got a new calling just after I was released. I am now the Stake Young Mens President. That will be a new adventure that I will have to learn. We are excited for the change. I should be able to sit with my family most of the time now! I haven't been able to sit with them for almost 9 years now. I am looking forward to that the most! Just wanted to share the news with you all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Bishop, we're going to miss you as our bishop. We love you and thank you for everything you have done for our little family. When I heard about it I was sad that I wasn't there on Sunday (we're out of town). We love you.
Oops, I was using my in laws computer and didn't notice that she was still logged in. So It was us you wrote that comment ;).
We love you Bishop! Thank you for all you have done for me and my family! And at least you're not moving! ;)
We love you Bishop.Thanks for all that you did for all of us.
I'm sad. I am so grateful for your service as bishop. You have a wonderful, compassionate heart. We will miss you, but I know you are needed elsewhere. We love you and your family. Take care, we look forward to sitting with you in the the pews!
Well, what can we say? We are so Grateful, just grateful. We went through some difficult times with you by our side and the Lord knew that you were exactly what we needed at that time. What a gift you've been to all of us.
Wow, that is so Great... but also strange for you I am sure! Good Luck with the YM President thing! I was in the Stake YW and there are still quite a few mtgs... I am sure it doesn't compare to Bishop though! Good luck getting adjusted! I am sure everyone will be fighting to sit next to you on the bench each week!!
You are and will always be a wonderful bishop! I loved working with you and seeing how you can play and have fun and then see you take on the mantle of bishop and work and serve together. It was fun and a great blessing for me! I know you will love working with the youth!
Thanks Bishop for all that you & your family have done! You will always and forever be an example to our family! It was so cute to see you sitting next to Rebecca on Sunday. I am sure Rebecca is loving it! We love you!
Post a Comment