Monday, October 13, 2008

Sweet Escape!

[These are some pictures for now I will add more tomorrow when I get a min.} Cameron and I just returned from our trip to San Diego last night. We had a wonderful time! We flew out of Sacramento at 10:20 and arrived in San Diego at 12, we got a rental car then headed straight to the San Diego Temple! It is so beautiful! We walked around and took pictures then went inside for a session! WOW IT IS AMAZING!!!! If you think it is pretty on the outside wait unitl you get to go in! We loved it to say the least!
We headed to our hotel,the Bahia Resort! SO beautiful we had a top floor room facing Mission Bay! Friday night we went on a dinner cruise with the rest of the PECG (Pofessional Engineers in Ca. Govt.) officers. It was very nice but cold! Te weather was cool but not bad but on the Cruise the AC was cranking so it was warmer outside! The food was amazing!


This is us in our awesome room, Here is a pic of the hotel and private beach
The View off our balcony, and the private beach at the resort.

Sat. Cameron had a meeting from 8-12 so I went thrifting with Allison, Cameron' s coworker Michelle's 16 year old daughter. We had fun. Then we went back for lunch. They fed us so well!
Me going to attempt surfing... Me coming back tangled in a TON of sea weed!
Cameron loved Boogie Boarding! The soggy two!
After lunch we headed to the BEACH to go surfing/boogie boarding! It was so fun and hard! The wind was making the waves pretty constant! We are SORE now! I love the OCEAN! So Cal Beaches are warmer than the ones up here.

Yummy Icecream on the beach!

Can you tell the pic we posed and the one the photographer posed us? two words, neck KINK!?
Then we headed back to our room to get ready for the banquet. It is a Nice dinner, with a lot of awards and speeches! a long night, But good! Cameron was sworn in as the Marysville Section Director.


A few photos from my early morning walk.

Sunday we woke up early and I went for an hour walk to get San Diego at sunrise I will add a few of my photos. Then we went to the San Diego 7th ward for church. It was so great! We enjoyed it a lot and found again how grateful we are to belong to a church that is the same EVERYWHERE you go. We felt at home, it was a great experience to hear others bear their testimony of feeling like their ward was family to them. We feel the same way here! It was great!

Then we headed back to our hotel to get checked out. We then went to Old Town San Diego. It is beautiful and a fun place to visit. Very old.


At old town San Diego.
San Diego from the air plane as we were taking off.
this is a picture of our resort. the part of land that curves up on the left side is the Bahia Resort in the Mission Bay. also sunset from the plane.

Sadly the trip had to come to an end... we headed to the airport and caught our plane and came home. We were glad to be home and see our kids! We actually really missed them! I don't know if they missed us much but they pretended. Thanks so much to everyone who helped us out so we could get away! We have wonderful friends!

7 comments:

Sorensen's said...

How fun! Good for you guys! I have always wanted to see the San Diego Temple and now I want to even more. I love how you both played in the water. What a "sweet escape". =0)
-Emily

Amber said...

fun fun fun!!

Beverly Strahan said...

What a great trip, some very beautiful pictures and I bet you had a blast. thanks for sharing.
Beverly

Sarah said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

You are prompting the inner beach girl in me to blog about how much i miss living in san diego. ugh....

The Noonan Family said...

Looks like you guys had a WONDERFUL vacation! I am glad you had fun!

2KT Faupula girls said...

It's always nice to get a break from reality! The San Diego Temple is truly beautiful, It's one of my favorites that I've been in. Glad to hear you guys had a wonderful time!

Laura Keith said...

What a great weekend! I want to see more pictures.