Sunday, October 26, 2008

Harvest Festival



Let the Sugar Coma's begin! Last night was our ward Harvest Festival! we had SO much fun! there was hay rides all night, bobbing for apples, costume parade & Contest
Daniel won for cutest costume he went as a DUCK! he was adorable! pie eating contest, haunted house by the young men and young women, chili contest, hot dogs and corn bread. and PIES, tons of pies!
That is Dallin running through the parade like a crazed wild man in a wig!

it was a huge hit and to top it all off we did trunk-or-treating! so my kids got a week's jump start on SUGAR intake! so here we are the day after and they are enjoying a movie while eating candy! oh the wrappers are going to be every were! I used to be one of those parents who made their kids ration the candy but at this point in life i just want them to hurry up and eat it all to get it out of the house! i really do appreciate those people who hand out tooth brushes while kids trick or treat! This should be annual buy a new toothbrush week! i think i will start that tradition here! what do you think people are you with me? we could start some cool toothbrush frenzy!
Good luck this week with all your goblins!
love Bec


Cameron had to share the love and attacked bro. Aranda,his 2nd counselor with Whip Cream! Brother Hill was lucky to be driving the hay rides!

6 comments:

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Where are pics of the pesky Sorensen crew? Hey, it's Heidi...Andy's real favorite sister! Love the blog! I wish Mel would blog (in all her free time)

Melissa said...

It was a blast! I am happy our ward knows how to have fun. : ) I love the pictures. I have a few photos for you. I'll get them to you asap.

Melanie said...

Heide Look closer. Ben is in one picture and Bethany and Kristina are in another!

Anonymous said...

Sooo much fun! I was happy to walk away from the evening whip cream free! : ) And I now may refer to the Sorenson family as the "pesky Sorensen crew" lol That's funny.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

We do have the BESTEST ward. We left with Eric's mom and dad saying how much fun our ward is and I left complaining that I got whipped cream on my $200 jeans, I should know better wearing those to activities like this. I'm so glad I can check up on your beautiful family through this blog. See you soon.

Sally said...

That sounds like a really fun ward party! I like the toothbrush idea. I think a lot of glow stick, play dough and other non -edible items will be given out this year because it gets pretty ridiculous when you have a ward trunk or treat and Halloween night. I saw some parachuting black kitty's 30 to a bag at target I think would be fun, that doesn't sound like a bad idea now that I think about it. Can't wait to see the costumes!