Thursday, December 4, 2008

RUN, RUN, RUN

Run to feed the Hungry, Sacramento Ca. Thanksgiving day 2008. We woke early threw the big bird in the oven on timer and headed down to Sac for the Run. "We" included Cameron, Rebecca, Trevor, Dallin & Adam. Friends in tow were Ron Chance & Earl Keith. Braden had an 8 am football practice he couldn't miss and Macie and Daniel stayed with Rhonda Chance, Thanks Rhonda! We got there at 8 am and were pretty excited!
Here is Ron and Dallin Stretching before the race! Here is where I started with The boys at the 10 min mile point. I took the camera on the run with me so i could show you all how awesome it is. 30,000 people running/walking was an amazing site! Cam, Ron, Earl were starting at the 9 min mile point. I didn't get pictures of them start but did get some of them finishing.Here we are the excitement is building as we get close to the start! We ran the 5K while the 3 men ran the 10K! Way to go men! You proved you are men!Here we are running across the start line about 2 1/2 min after the official start! we had to take that time off our finish time to get and accurate time of our run.Here is a photo of Ron finishing the race he is #3659. He finished around 58 min. Just 15 seconds behind Earl. i somehow missed earl pass me! I was bummed about that! I guess he is just so fast I didn't see him! we now will call him FLASH!Her is Cameron coming in for the finish Just after 1 hour running! He is looking good! He was just faking the tired look for dramatic effect... I think. WHAT A STUD! GREAT JOB MEN!! Cam & I after we have recovered a bit. Here is the 5K finishers times...
Trevor 32.30 Min, Adam 32.45 min, Rebecca 33.44 min, Dallin 35.30 min.
Way to go guys! It was so much fun running with the kids! they really did a great job I was so proud of them! I get very excited for a race and a little emotional! It was such a great experience! Here we are posing after the race and I am the only one who look tired! I only ran the 5K! what is up with that! Next year i may have to get dolled up and wear makeup! NOT!Ron the studly man!
Earl AKA Flash!!

2 comments:

Grannie K said...

You guys did great!!! Maybe some time I can come down and run with you. That would be a real memory maker. I'll have to start running in the spring and see what I think. Do you would think that would be a good idea? Take care!!

Knudson said...

Grannie K we would love it any time you want to come join our family for the run or anyting! our kids were just saying the other day how much they would love to have you both come visit!!