Monday, November 10, 2008

7 Quirks of Rebecca,

Random Quirks
Here are the rules: "MY UNSPECTACULAR QUIRKS"
1. Link to the person who tagged you
http://randomsarahp.blogspot.com/2008/10/random-quirks.html Sarah thanks!
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell 7 unspectacular quirks about you
4. Tag 6 bloggers by linking to them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged
So here I go 7 things you may not have known about me that are not so Spectacular but make me ME!
















1. Photos, if you don't know by now that i LOVE taking photos, especially of my kids then where have you been hiding? I think it all stems from my Wonderful childhood. I cant complain about it one bit because it made me who I am and I'm OK with me. But having said that, Being the 9Th of 11 children I only have about 5 baby pictures to my name. the earliest photo of me is when am 8 mo! So I seem to be determined to not repeat that fate for my kids. although i am not having 11, I think I have more than done my share with 6 kids! Check out my photography Blog to learn more of what I am doing now.
http://rknudsonphotography.blogspot.com/
here is one of my lovely baby pictures with my sister Elizabeth. I was 8 or 9 months old.
2. Pens, OK I love pens! I love to walk down the pen isle at Wal-Mart or Target and just look and pick out a pen that looks like it writes good. I love Gel pens, Permanent pens and Drawing pencils! I even have quite a collection of pens from places we have visited. Doctor's Offices have the coolest pens! My current favorite pen is one bent pen I picked up in Dr. Ellyson's Chiropractor office. I love it when they just give them away. Free Pens!!
3.Drawing, Painting & Doodling, I know that is a lot to have in one quirk but it is all related I think. For as long as i can remember I have been obsessed with drawing, painting, paper, pens etc... I loved getting coloring books and crayons for Christmas each year as a kid. When I was about 10 I started taking drawing lessons from a neighbor in Orem, Utah. Then at 12 I received the best Christmas present ever, my parents got me Painting lesson's which I kept with till I graduated high school and went to Rick College where I majored in Fine Arts! I don't get to do much formal drawing and painting at this time in my life but love to do anything I can. I even Love to paint walls!!! I Do a lot of doodling in notebooks as I'm taking notes at Church or in meetings. here is a sampling.
4. Poetry, Quotes & Talks, As a kid I started collecting poems and quotes. anything that would uplift. I used to get poem books like these from friends growing up. I still love to collect favorite quotes & talks I hang my current favorites in my BATHROOM. The only place it's quiet from kids to be able to read them.






5. Vacuuming! That's right Vacuuming. I love to see LINES in my carpet! If there is lines from a vacuum in my carpet it doesn't matter what else is a mess in the house... all is right with the world and i can have peace. Here is my die hard Kirby! we have now had for about 14 years! And it is still going Strong (checking the picture again) Yes that is Duct Tape on the handle It isn't perfect but I love my Kirby!

6. Piles, OK this is one that I am not to proud of. but cant seem to shake this quirk. I make piles everywhere! I'll straighten up and just make neater piles! For example I cleaned my room just today and my dresser was covered in 3 separate piles i condensed and straightened and still ended up with one very neat pile on the dresser! HELP!!







7. Thrifting, or Funnin, as my grandma Zora used to call it. I love to Thrift shop! it is such a thrill to me to go into a place and find something almost new and pay almost nothing for it. it is like Treasure hunting and i always feel like i WON when i find something great, and i always find at least one thing great! As a Child Grandma would take us funnin to the DI and give us each a dollar and let us pick out anything. I will never forget how fun that was. Here is a photo of my closet Another quirk I have is, I love to have my shirts in Rainbow Color! Almost ALL these were purchased at thrift stores!
Ok as for who I am tagging
I do love you guys! sorry for the Tag. but i cant wait to see what you all come up with.
Love Bec

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Love your quirks! I'm a pile girl too and happen to have a grandma named Zora. Weird!

Knudson said...

Good choices for your "7 Quirks". I love the photo quirk, except at family picture time. The rest of the time it is fun to be with you while you work. You do a great job! I also think you forgot about the sandal quirk. You love to get new sandals, especially from the thrift store! I love who you are too.
Cameron

Knudson said...

No way maybe we have the same grandma. that is a very uncommon name! I have never heard of another one before. Way cool!
My grandma passed away 3 years ago.

Anonymous said...

Pens, huh? I'll make note of that for Christmas ; P

Good stuff Rebecca! Thanks for going to the movies with us! I had a great time! Go Wildcats!

Timmons Clan said...

Great quirks. My oldest son loves collectiong pencils, you two should get together sometime. I have a thing for piles, and lines in my carpet, it's just finding the time to satisfy those quirky needs.

Bee Happy Stamper said...

I love it! I too am a pile and a pen person. I can take one pile and turn it in to 5! It's an art really!
I love all the pictures you take, I wish I had a better eye. I just take ordinary pics.

Sally said...

Bec, I am planning to do this - I have a crazy week this week! But I think it will take me some time to think about some quirky things about myself. :)
-Sally

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I LOVE vacuuming too and wish the lines in the carpet would last instead of being erased by footprints.
Love your quirks, I'll get on it soon.

Amy said...

You are so talented. Great quirks. They makes us who we are!

2KT Faupula girls said...

Love the quirks! I have to get into the pen thing! Can't ever seem to find one when I need it!

OLIVIA said...

Aughh! I just updated my blog for the first time since I started and saw your tag. I'm going to have a tough time narrowing it down to only 7 quirks (yes, it's that bad!), but I'm excited too.